What is PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor)?
PHP is a very popular and highly functional web programming language worldwide. It works without the compilation process, it is an open-source and free web software language. PHP was first introduced in 1995 by Rasmus Lerdorf as “Personal Home Page” to ” dynamize personal web pages”.
Development process. Later, it was developed by two programmers who are the founders of the current Zend Technology using the Zend core structure and its name was changed to Hypertext Preprocessor. Its latest version is known as 7+.
How PHP Works
For PHP, we said that it works by interpreting, without the compilation process. So what does this mean?
Perfect compatibility with Linux. Although PHP can run on almost all operating systems and web servers, it is possible to get the most efficient result when it is run with MYSQL database and Linux operating system.
What can be done with PHP?
We can say that any type of web project can be developed with PHP. With its open-source code, the numerous API and Framework resources it offers, projects that can peak your imagination can be developed. Because below are a few web projects coded with PHP base.Follow my blog with Bloglovin
The list may be extended. The number of things that can be done can be much higher, but we can assume that these examples are sufficient to see how comprehensive PHP is and can support very large projects.
A few of the most preferred reasons for PHP are that it is a very useful/functional and open source. Actually, there are many reasons to prefer PHP, some of them can be listed as follows;
- It is open-source, so it can be improved continuously.
- It is free, it can be preferred by every segment.
- It is an advantageous situation that is easy to install and can be written with even the simplest editors.
- It is very popular because it is preferred by the world’s most trafficked brands such as Twitter, Facebook, and Wikipedia.
- It works in full harmony with HTML, so it is easier to develop projects with the Front-end.
- It is easier to learn than other programming languages.
- It is highly functional and performance. Almost any project that can be done with other programming languages can be done with PHP.
- With its highly developed structure, it can be used from desktop software, NNTP, IMAP, POP3, COM, etc. ports can be intervened.
- It is a programming language where you can experience very few problems if used properly.
- Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony provides many advantages such as reducing workload and taking high-level security measures thanks to its advanced libraries.
- It can work with almost all databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL, DB2, etc.).
- Many file formats are successful in reading/writing.
- Thanks to its modular infrastructure, it supports many data exchange formats such as XML, JSON, and works in harmony.
So is there no disadvantage?
There are also disadvantages. Although it may vary depending on the person, PHP has a few disadvantages in general.
Version mismatch issues may occur.
- A few simple mistakes that can be overlooked can become difficult to solve for hours. Unfortunately, the semicolon (;) is leading these simple errors.
- Again, errors that can be made can affect other code pages and create a chain of problems. I heard that trying to debug these errors in comprehensive projects might feel like a “mouse trying to get out of the maze”. 🙂
- The update is done “simultaneously” via the web server, which can be annoying.
- Reaction times can be delayed in busy code blogs. In fact, it is not a direct disadvantage because similar problems can occur in many programming languages.
How to learn PHP, where to start?
There are many videos, books, and documentation resources related to PHP. If you have decided to start, I can recommend the Tayfun Erbilen course.
He is one of the talents I have been following for a long time. I even bought the udemy course to refresh my existing knowledge and learn new things. Although it is a very clean and fluent language of expression, I would like to convey a small footnote. If you do not know PHP at all, you can perceive the narration format as a little “what did you do? 🙂
If you take a look at the video above, you will realize that very good training can be obtained with very appropriate numbers. By the way, definitely advertising etc. we don’t know each other in any way. I wanted to have a personality that has not broken its line for a long time, and that it creates resources for people to benefit, especially organizing organizations/trainings that encourage young people (see prototurk ).
In the past, there was not enough local resources for PHP, but thanks to web developers like Tayfun Erbilen who could do good work at a young age, it has become popular and popular in our country. II wish the continuation of your prosperity…
What will you be able to do when you learn?
- Content management systems
- Dynamic websites / pages
- Forum pages
- Data storage and automation software
- Read, edit, transfer, print, etc. advanced file formats such as JPG, PDF, XML, CSV. operations
- Almost unlimited web-based application modules can be developed
- It allows you to create quality URL structures, thus creating unique SEO- compatible link structures
- You can create survey pages
- You can build huge platforms/projects such as e-commerce, social media platforms, and online game pages.
It depends on your imagination. As I mentioned at the beginning, you can implement many projects that will challenge your imagination with PHP. Of course, you need serious experience and knowledge to do some of them.